Friday, January 1, 2016

Fresh Start

Every time I visited the Farmer's Market during the growing seasons, I stopped to admire the back of this farmer's truck. Even though he displayed fresh fruits and vegetables in creative splendor in his little produce stand, I always hung around the back of his truck. I politely raised my camera as my request to snap a few pictures.  And he would respond with a bewildered look and a nod of his head. Like an old world painting, every detail of the farmer's truck drew me in - the crates of fresh produce, old and worn gloves, cardboard boxes, trails of rich soil, and pieces of farm life.


. . .  and the back of a farm truck might be the front of a fresh start.



Happy New Year!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful way to start the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss our farmers market so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I love about places like this, is the "natural" creative "still" just sitting there waiting to be discovered. The greens are gorgeous! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could just picture you asking permission for this and his look. How cool that your photography brain saw this and that it was better than the front. Way more interesting I am sure of it. Love your brain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How refreshing these vegetable pictures after the holiday season mainly spent inside the house and rich festive food on our tables! What a healthy and detoxing post Donna!
    How lucky when we have a market next door and the opportunity to buy fresh vegetables direct from a farm of our neighbourhood!
    This amount od greens are a nature's gift, a source of vitamines, a guarantee of good health... those salads and cabbages are so wealthy, well-rounded, healthy, large and generous... they just expect to be bought and prepared by a passionate cook who will make a delicious soup to be shared...
    thank you for these beautiful pictures Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and rich, colorful and bright. Hoping this is what the New Yesr will share with us. Gorgeous, deep colors. Love that truck. Thank you Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This image brought lots of wonderful memories of growing up and going with my dad to sell on the farmers market in Roanoke! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a wonderful eye for the things that are real and honest yet simple. Happy New Year......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Beautiful.. I long for spring already.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.