Wednesday, December 30, 2015

thoughts on the new year

I have this broad all-over-the-place kind of enthusiasm for the coming year. Everywhere I turn there is something good . . . a new skill to learn, a good book recommended by a friend, an adventure awaiting, a new place to visit or an old one to see again, a recipe to try, a long walk ahead, time with a dear friend, a picture waiting to be made, and time to make it all happen.

I've struggled to put words to this feeling, this direction, this resolve. And then the wise and creative folks from Artifact Uprising did it for me. This is their art that so perfectly fits my heart's desire.

Resolve to —
Resolve to —

And so, I've spent some time reflecting on this past year and culling through photographs. And like many artists, I always feel that my current work is my best, my most telling . . . and I like the path I am on and the way the earth feels beneath my feet. I feel grounded and these are a few of the pictures that reveal the condition of my heart.  And it feels really wonderful to share in this space.









Wishing you a new year of discovery and exploration and wonder at every turn, Donna

14 comments:

  1. Donna, I had the very same reaction when I received the Artifact Uprising message. My heart leaped as I read each topic they discussed. Your photographs are beautiful and very heart felt. I hope your new year is filled with all that makes your heart want to soar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are marvelous, Donna! And what a perfect quote to inspire as we approach (yikes!) 2016. Happy New Year - all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That old porch with the chair and the shadows from the tree limbs? Just made my heart skip a beat. Exquisite images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shots are always filled with stun and awe. I just love every thing about that porch shot. I'd buy it in a minute. Then I might draw myself sitting there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful collection and thoughts from Artifact to start the New Year. Open space always draws me in...I long for it. Wishing you an amazing New Year of capturing what is in your heart. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about the porch shot. Love it! Happy New Year, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year my dear friend. I love each and everyone of your storytelling images here, you excel in so many areas of photography. I relish in your blog entries. The words also spoke to me, good choice Artifact.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I despair of ever having a collection as beautiful as yours--one that expresses/interprets the world as I see it. But I'm content, for now, to sit on that front porch and watch your world go by. Does my heart good, it really does. Happy New Year, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you dear Donna for this meaningful series of beautiful landscapes as your eyes receive and render them... they all express and are filled with human presence even if there's nobody in the frame... This little red shed in the middle of a wide meadow must help the farmer when it rains... the old chair on the porch and the bench facing the sea both awaiting the solitary stroller....the farmer in his pick-up driving back home after a long day of work... every picture has a story to be imagined, each viewer imagines a story about each picture...the picture is the same for all viewers but the stories will be different from one person to another... that's the richness of your photography Donna!
    And as 2016 will start in a few minutes here in France, I wish you a very Happy New Year with your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful images! Happy 2016 Donna. This year we WILL meet in person! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful images and I agree with you about the coming year. I love that dock photo, that speaks to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna you said exactly what I feel about this new year and I also saved out that quote from Artifacts Uprising. It really touched me deeply. I have figured out a few things also as I reflected over this past year and hopefully will have time to blog soon.

    I love the path your on. Your photos reflect your happy and satisfied heart. Having said that, you are opening yourself up to new adventures that might seek you out. The joy of a new year makes my hand itch to get the possibilities down on paper. Wishing you and your camera a great 2016. Can't wait to see how it all evolves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you peace, love and my prayers along your journey. An honor to have you on mine.

    ReplyDelete