Wednesday, October 15, 2014

In A Paper Sack

While on vacation, I took a break from my camera.  Living in the moment, I composed pictures with my eyes all week long.

The minute I returned home, I picked up my camera and haven't put it down since.

I'm catching up on few assignments from Start to Finish with Kim Klassen.  The spark was a light and airy photo of a plant in a crumpled brown paper sack. 

I pondered the notion of the brown paper bag and how to use it to make an artful photograph.

Inspiration strikes in the most wondrous of ways. After catching up on laundry and chores, my sweet husband offered to take me out for "breakfast for dinner" at our local Cracker Barrel. He always grabs a bag of Atomic Fire Balls as we pay for our meal.  I stood staring at the candy sticks, remembering the many times I held a little brown sack full of these sweet treats in my chubby hands. The picture became clear.

I added a little Christmas theme, thinking I might use this photo as part of a collage for our holiday cards.

Old-fashioned.

Sweet.


12 comments:

  1. Perfect and they will make great Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, this would make a GORGEOUS Christmas card indeed! :)
    Have a happy rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfect for the season! I could possibly go computerless for a weeks vacation, but cameraless would be awfully hard. I do compose shots while traveling a lot because I don't always want hubby to stop the car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect composition and a sweet memory - It would make a wonderful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is soooo cute! And what a fond memory..the sack reminds me of Santa's bag full of toys. It will be a great image for your Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how your inspiration streak you for this, good memory and fun shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic way to honor your childhood memory, lovely image .... so perfect for the coming season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so lovely.... creative... beauty... love the dark background...and the stamping... PERFECT sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is really sweet and wonderful too. I found your blog from the links on Kim Klassen's textures

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tones here with your edit Donna, almost a b/w but with a pop of color. Love your use of stamps on the bag, so fun.

    ReplyDelete