Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Spur-of-the-Moment

I wasn't planning to participate in Texture Tuesday today. . . no inspiration struck.

And then I stopped by to visit Amy of Four Corners Design and read her post on happenstance 

Lately, I've been finding that the most offhand thought/gesture/action yields the best result. . . .I get the sense that sometimes that over-thinking the process just bogs everything down. . . and grinds inspiration to a halt. . .

In my year long creative class, be still 52, we've been focusing on real life photos. . . those vignettes composed in a moment's notice. . .

I often take pictures of scenes that simply draw my attention.  Sometimes it's the play of beautiful light or maybe the arrangement and interplay of objects or a fleeting scene too precious to let slip by. Regardless, these simple still life pictures are often the ones that stop me dead in my tracks.



 And, often those images that still my heart, are not even still.  They are simply images so moving, of joy or sorrow, that they bring a sense of Here & Now.


I'm linking up with Kim Klassen today for Texture Tuesday. Thanks, Kim, for the texture gift which I used on the spur-of-the-moment.

14 comments:

  1. Gosh, Donna you sure have a way about your photography which I really love. Oh that light in that top photo and those chair. Most people I think would overlook such times and yet you caught it, thank you for that because it is something that should not have been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words and wonderful captures, Donna !
    Love the light in your first picture !
    Have a nice week,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your thoughts on photographing what you see (in fact my blog post tomorrow is related to this). Your images are fabulous- love the chair! And the light in the the first image!!! These are the kind of photos I love to take- when something beautiful just pops out at me. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that light on the floor is so inviting and warm - just lovely. The texture on the chair is simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first photo drew me right in and made me want to be in that beautiful sun warmed spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you went ahead and decided to post these fabulous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the light in that room is just stellar! glad I spurred you on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post and images! Love the light in the first images and "music" of the dancing feet and drumming hands - such cool images to capture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your "eye" and what you see Donna ! The first photo is wonderful, the light streaming in the window, so warm and inviting ! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read Amy's post and then yours - so fun to see how she inspired you - she is full of inspiration! Enjoyed your first two quiet images and then the noisy ones : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, those moments are the truest and most pure in life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful captures of moments! I love the light in the first one and I love the vintage items in the next one! I'm kind of a vintage nut!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad to have a place to share these images! I love the capturing the moment shots the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful real-life photos. Over thinking does seem to bog down things, I have been feeling a little of this myself lately. The light and textures are beautiful in your images.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.