Friday, September 19, 2014

Little Things

I find lots of these little things in my yard, more and more everyday.


We live in an ordinary house in an ordinary neighborhood surrounded by extraordinary oak trees, with acorns falling like rain drops in a storm. The plunk, plunk, plunk of acorns hitting the roof, like a symphony of music, marks the start of fall.


We giggle as we recall seasons past when we used the snow shovel to scuttle the acorns from the sidewalk and driveway. Small price to pay for the nature that inspires me everyday.   

 

I find these little things at the farmer's market, and I cannot resist. A little pumpkin for inspiration. 


I'm linking up with Kim Klassen today for Friday Finds.  Make time to visit Kim's blog where she cultivates creativity, connection, conversation - and artful photographs.

16 comments:

  1. Sigh....love your photos and the artful simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty dish to hold your acorns! Love the last one...fantastic textures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From your photos you create a world far from ordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very beautiful and "autumny"! I adore that chippy doorway, and I love your acorn images - I wish we had some acorns around here - they're so cute! Have a wonderful Friday, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! Love acorns. Happy Friday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, I've been enamored of little acorns too...and the brown transferware square - love that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely no acorns for us but lots of conkers from the Horse Chestnut tree..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos of beautiful things. We have lots of acorns here as well with a huge live oak next to the house. However, I never took photos of them - you inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply wonderful! Your images are so full of fall, beautiful. I love the acorn on the moss, it is those little details you add that turn a regular image into an absolutely stunning image. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great images -- I know about acorns -- Take a few and filled up in a tall glass jar with them -- looks great on a fireplace mantel..

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely little acorns, Donna, so beautifully presented !
    And what a pretty pumpkin you've found ... your photos are just wonderful !
    Enjoy the weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Fall images Donna ! How funny to have to shovel the acorns up with a snow shovel, there must be thousands of them !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful presentation, so rich so beautifully photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Found my way here from Kim's S2F class...love your photography!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll see if I can track you by way of Kim class - looking forward to seeing your photos and getting to know you, too!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.