Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Considered


I often speed walk the trail along the Rappahannock river, working toward my 10,000 daily steps. After miles and miles, I sometimes take the scenic view for granted. 

But on this summer morning, I slowed to stroll the path with my husband by my side. We enjoyed a breakfast of eggs and toast and sausage and steaming mugs of hot coffee while sitting outdoors at a local diner. We were celebrating good news. Results from a recent CT scan revealed no signs of cancer for my husband, now 4 years following his stem-cell transplant for non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Walking along the river, I picked up twigs, and berries, and leaves, and feathers, and little pieces of nature . . . mostly things I seldom consider. 




But today simple graces are special favors. I consider the small things, valuing the least gifts no less than the greatest, and I am grateful for everything.  


All things considered, we are blessed. 

I'm linking up with Kim Klassen for Texture Tuesday. Thank you, Kim, for your texture, confidence, used to give a little grunge to today's pictures.


12 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post Donna with beautiful images and a memory of this special time. Congratulations on this milestone of great health. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. not only do I love what you picked up (and the gorgeous photography!) but the fact that you paid attention to something you would normally pass by...congrats too on such great news for your husband...it is amazing how the simplest of things can make your day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your husband being cancer free! Lovely post and stunning images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your treasures and congrats to your husband for the great news...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful post (congrats to your husband!) and gorgeous images. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful finds, life is very precious and I'm so happy for you both that your husband got such good news today :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your good news. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful story and your lovely photographs. I agree with Caz... life is very precious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful news. Beautiful series of photos. Love the little items of Nature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such good news! continue to enjoy life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely story and wonderful news, and as always amazing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful natural wonders. I enjoyed your photos and story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful beautiful images and yes great news. Both of you have gone though it . Stay blessed my friend.

    Always Always.. I love your images.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.