Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Summer Salad

Summer is the season of picnics and cookouts.  Too hot to slave away in the kitchen for hours, I'm trying new salad recipes. My family continues with efforts to adopt a healthy lifestyle, and salads with lots of veggies are part of the plan.



Part of the joy of cooking, and eating, comes from using dishes and bowls and utensils that are lovely.  Whether worn, tarnished, handmade, or simply reliable and useful, these tools make every meal a special occasion. 


I've been trying to add whole grains to our diet, and this salad with farro is delicious.  A new recipe for you to try–feel free to print and add to your cooking collection.

I'm linking up with Kim Klassen today for Texture Tuesday.  Thank you, Kim, for the texture waterfront 28 used to brighten and soften today's pictures of the silverware and spoons.

The Spanish-speaking lady at the Farmer's Market where I buy my vegetables and flowers says a most pleasant good-bye, and I'll share her farewell with you, "Happy good day!

14 comments:

  1. I love the way you photographed your cooking paraphernalia. The summer salad looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy delicious textures on your images, and beautiful composition! and yummy delicious looking salad too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful still life photography, love the composition on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the salad made into a heart, nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful! Your table is the perfect background for the images, I love the texture. I have never cooked faro, I will have to give it a try...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely images and textures. Doesn't it make it taste better when the dishes and silverware are special? I use to eat faro all the time in Brussels - but haven't seen it here in Singapore. or radishes : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your photography. Love the simple treasures of daily living that look so unique! And the farro looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful collection of images that show your salad, and lovely photography work! I especially love the one of the bowls and herbs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My family would love this, Donna! Thank you! And, these photos are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your images are just lovely, though I'm partial to the silverware shot. The salad sounds yummy. Will have to give it a try. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm, the salad looks delicious, Donna, thanks for the recipe !
    Love your photos ... the wooden background is gorgeous and that silverware ...
    wow, so beautifully captured !
    Have a great week,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  12. ~Yummy! ... and I agree, there is a extra joy to being in the kitchen if you get to use lovely dishes and such!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. The salad looks delicious. I'm not much of a cook. Generally, it has to be microwaveable for me. Your photos of your cooking are always a joy to see.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks wonderful. Im making chilly this morning in my slow cooker. Im home from my sisters and it feels wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.