Tuesday, May 6, 2014

In-Between Spaces


I was a little challenged by Kim’s theme for this Texture Tuesday – cuppa

I’ve taken many photos of cups over the years. Cups of coffee and tea, cup handles, cups stacked and tipping over, steaming mugs on cold mornings, cups overflowing with flowers and berries, and cups shared over conversations. 



What other ways to make pictures with cups?

On a beautiful spring Sunday morning, I was the first to wake up.  I am naturally an early riser, while my husband and son like to sleep in when they can. Enjoying my first cup of tea on the front porch, my heart was filled with gratitude for these in-between spaces – the time before the hustle and bustle of the day, before chores to complete, errands to run, lists to complete, or meals to prepare. 

And then I realized that taking my picture for the theme cuppa would be a way to convey what I feel. I am my most honest behind the camera because I cannot escape from myself. The photographs I take tell my story. 


On this day, I am grateful for solitary places and time to reflect. I remind myself to focus on what I have with the people in my life – those I cherish and love.  I put myself in today’s picture. Steaming cup of tea in hand . . .  mint leaves from the garden . . . lovely linens from a friend . . . sweet light on my front porch . . . 

Thanks to Kim Klassen for her texture simplicity and her wonderful instructions on how to use textures to bring an artistic touch to photographs. 

19 comments:

  1. Completely perfect. Like always, I want to jump through the picture into your space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like very relaxing tea time - so lovely photos! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely. Love how you have this set up and the story that goes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've found the perfect photo for this TT challenge ... Simply wonderful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In between spaces . . . those little bits of time we grab for ourselves. I'm likely reading a book in mine (often while fixing supper which accounts for overcooked spaghetti over the years). I wish I was first up in my house because I love the early morning. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy your photos and think about getting up earlier . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nicely put together and said, love that last one so so much with your hands and as you said it tells a sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness....love the quiet.in the morning..
    your photos tell such a beautiful story.....
    love the vintage feel.....really lovely ... that cup...that spoon... Yes Please...
    breath taking... as always.

    have a beautiful day... xo, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely Donna, I always enjoy reading your posts and looking at your wonderful photos. I love the last one !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely.... From Jacqueline of www.allaboutthemoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna,
    so so beautiful shots!
    I love your story today, your texturing and editing.
    One of my favorite "cappa" pictures of KK fridayfinds today.
    So pretty!
    Best, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful still life, I love the cup and the little vintage spoon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos and commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely images and post. I'm loving the vintage cup and spoon in the first image!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Completely charming! I love the bright colors and your compositions...Beautiful! And I love a nice quiet morning too;0

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post and beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely images and thoughts. So many wonderful bright colors. Love the from above shot. One of my favorite times of the day too, I enjoy the quiet time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I completely understand when you say you have to "feel it" to photograph it. Truer words were never spoken. I love second shot from above with your hands - simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great way to start the day . I do the same early mornings.. Lovely Lovely images.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.