Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Photography En Pointe


My dear friend, Lisa Avery, founder of Avery Ballet, invited me to practice my photography skills by taking pictures of her beautiful dance students. 


I am entranced as the dancers sail through the air as though weightless, moving with elegance and simplicity, conveying emotion and story through the art that is dance.  

Though I am certainly awed by their technique, I am equally amazed by their gracious behavior, confidence, and kindness. 



The dancers welcomed me with their sweet smiles, engaged in thoughtful ideas for creative pictures, and expressed pride in their ballet company. 



The dancers thanked me for my work with the camera, and I thank them for bringing art in motion to my community. 

 

I’m linking up with Kim Klassen for Texture Tuesday today.  Thank you to Kim for her textures – grunged up and 1216.  Roll over the pictures to see the before and after effects of the textures.

16 comments:

  1. Oh Donna,
    this romantic editing style is so magical!
    I love your pictures of the little dancers and their feet too. Amazing idea!
    This is real photo art! Gorgeous Donna!
    Thanks for your so nice words to me on my blog. It is always a pleasure for me to read all
    the comments of my readers all over the world. Thanks and many hugs!
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous still life, I always love dreamy images but I have to admitt that I love all of your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna I love this especially the 'foot' shot. Thanks for visiting me today your work is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are simply stunning, and so lovely...capturing the softness, the gentle looks, the beauty of their art! Fabulous photography!! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each and every one of these - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love the feet image and that still life is just so beautiful. Ballet is just such a beautiful dance and to capture it with your camera is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos. There is nothing like dance and I still have my pointe shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful.My favorite are the last two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! It is wonderful that you have the opportunity to take photos of these dance students. Love the feet image too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful. I especially like the photo of the legs and feet. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them all, beautiful photos !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! These are amazing! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a blessing to get up close and personal! And what an opportunity! Great shots and edits.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely images! You captured their confidence and beauty. I think the last two are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my .. In aww. Loved these so very much. This last photo is just stunning.!!!

    ReplyDelete