Friday, June 28, 2013

One Simple Thing


I recently discovered a new magazine at our local bookstore, The Simple Things.  This magazine focuses on living and loving the simple life with the themes - grow, cook, make and share.  The photography is up close and personal, the stories varied, and the advertisements do not overwhelm the publication.

A great read full of inspiration.

magazine and cup of coffee

One of my favorite features showcases a single picture and a few short sentences where readers describe their one simple thing.  The photos are snapshots of the present, those rare moments where we breathe in our surroundings with all our senses and know for certain that this life is really good.

My One Simple Thing is a relaxed home.

After working out in the early morning, I return home to our still quiet home. The whole house is enveloped in the warmth and comfort of familiarity. My sneakers sit sculpture-like beneath the coffee table, just as I kicked them off last evening. The table is cluttered. A freshly brewed cup of tea in my favorite mug awaits me. My simple thing is a relaxed home . . .

I’m linking up with Kim Klassen today, and my Friday Find is The Simple Things magazine.

kim klaxon dot com

6 comments:

  1. Sounds exactly like a magazine I would love. I will have to try and find it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when the ads don't overrun the magazine. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun magazine as I've seen this publication in JoAnne's Craft Store. Next time I'm going to pick it up to take a closer look.

    Good Day,
    Karla
    http://artwhispercafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great magazine, Donna !
    Love your 'one simple thing' !
    Nice weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never hear of it....I'll have to keep an eye for it. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great mag, thanks for sharing. :)
    {seen in Friday Finds}

    ReplyDelete