Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Shoot into the Sun

The most important change I have made to improve my garden photography is to learn to shoot into the light. I spent many beautiful days with the sun at my back with technically correct photos that were just plain old boring. Now I embrace the light.  A little haze, a lens flare here and there, and soft specular highlights make my garden images glimmer and radiate warmth and welcome.  Early light and late light make the most photographable moments.  If I have to choose between sleeping in and spending the early morning in the garden, there's no contest.

"The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer." —Anonymous

4 comments:

  1. Lovely set of photos! I need to shoot more into the light myself. Haven't done that for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun summer composition! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, beautiful collage !
    Nice day,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous collage. I love the light-filled dreamy quality of the fence post and the cherries that seem to be ripening before our eyes.

    At Westmoreland Park, I waited for the Golden Hour. Wasn't sure when it was or what it would look like! I think I missed it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.