Monday, March 26, 2012

Welcome to the Tea Room

For health reasons, drinking tea has become a regular part of my day. Unfortunately, coffee and caffeine and stress all contribute to heartburn.  So making the switch to tea seems a healthful choice.  As an added benefit, tea drinking encourages me to slow down and enjoy a moment's peace. 

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea.
                ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

With most struggles in life, I try to power through them.  I am task-oriented.  I love to accomplish, produce and check items off on a To-Do List.  This approach to life often leaves me feeling overwhelmed and at it's worst, resentful and burned out. More and more, I realize the benefit of simply listening and waiting, and often doing nothing.  Here's to working less and relaxing, laughing, and playing more . . .

tea cup with flower blossom

tea bag

1 comment:

  1. And I was sending you to Snapseed to create frames! Slap me down! Gorgeous, just like I thought they'd be. That teal-y pink photo make me want to run out and buy a dress in those exact shades. But maybe I'll have a cup of tea instead.

    ReplyDelete