Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy and Healthy

The theme for Texure Tuesday is happiness.  I really believe that joy is found in everyday relationships. I wanted to take a picture of people interacting – hands touching, dancing, hugging.  You get the idea.  I think of the components of happiness – generosity, hope, kindness, friendship, empathy, love, forgiveness, acceptance, encouragement, communication, and gratitude - and I can imagine a million photographs that convey these concepts.

But, honestly, today I am happy with myself.  It’s difficult to feel and share happiness with the world when you don’t value yourself.  When I beat myself up, feel guilty, and wallow in should haves, I am certainly not a ray of sunshine.  For years I worked to lose weight and become my perfect size.  My weight was always on my mind. I can’t explain how or why but I have finally made peace with my weight.  I exercise. I make healthy food choices more often than not.  My belly and I are friends these days. I am happy as a clam, almost happy-go-lucky, and a very happy medium.

This funny little picture is textured with Kim Klassen's beautiful new texture, felicity, along with another favorite, lily.


5 comments:

  1. Oh my...I haven't seen those numbers in years. Congrats. Cute socks too♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd happily make peace with this weight - a number I haven't seen in .... 15 years! But I'm working at doing all those same things, eating better (and less), making healthy choices and 10 pounds have come off...it's a start! It's a great image by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great image... a great idea... Once I have good news to share, I'll post a picture like this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable shot, and I love the header photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I zip past those numbers quickly -- Love your shot.

    ReplyDelete