Sunday, December 4, 2011

We Go Together Well

I don't have any scientific data to support my assertion, but I know for sure that friendships are at the heart of a sense of well-being, joy, good health, and contentment.  Friends listen and love, show and tell, walk alongside and sometimes even run with us. My friends fall into a variety of categories.  There are the "front porch" friends who leave unexpected gifts, treats, and even meals on the doorstep. There are "walk and talk" friends who help me to exercise my body and work out life's challenges mile after mile. There are shopping friends, breakfast buddies, friends I can call when I have a broken down car, and friends who I don't see very often but love to keep in touch with by way phone calls, cards, and e-mails.

I am reminded of the old song, Friendship, by Cole Porter - the version sung by Judy Garland in 1940. I am sure there are newer, hipper songs about friendship, but . . . well, these lyrics say it best. 
If you're ever in a jam, here I am.
If you're ever in a mess, S.O.S.
If you're so happy, you land in jail. I'm your bail.
It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship.
I am working on a series of photos to show my gratitude for friendships - simple sentiments that say thank you, I'm grateful for you, I appreciate you, I'm thinking of you . . . just little love notes for the people I adore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment