Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holly Days


My mother and I enjoyed a little Christmas adventure cutting fresh evergreens and holly for simple arrangements. The cool crisp air, the smell of pine, along with a lot of laughing, made for a wonderful day.  Seasonal greenery looks beautiful in anything an old bottle, a Mason jar, a watering can or bucket - it's all good. The prickly holly leaves were worth the work! Today's image features Texture #4, "Edward," courtesy of Kim Klassen. Thank you, Kim for sharing your talent! 


5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and delicate, Donna. And I love what you did with the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! So festive :)
    Great DoF and edit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just saying at dinner I wanted some real holly. Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so clever:
    the sharp, strong berry part against the vague jar below it.
    Well done.
    BTW, i find myself wondering about you wearing your photographs :-)
    [anything--goes.blogspot.com/]

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful image! The focus on the berries is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.