Tuesday, December 20, 2011

. . . And Good Will Toward Men

I am imagining peace on earth this season . . . and good will toward men. Sounds so simple in theory, but it is oh so difficult to live peacefully. For my part, I don't make profound New Year's resolutions, but I do set goals. I am aiming to be less critical and more patient with myself and others. As I enter this second half of my life, I find I am less focused on perfection and more focused on goodness the goodness in us all.  From the book, Falling Upward by Richard Bohr, I am taking a cue for "making time for simply living, pure friendship, useless beauty and moments of communion with nature. " No question photography helps me meet this goal.

For Day 9 in the 12 Days of Texture, using the latest texture, Lola, by Kim Klassen, I wish you all peace on earth and good will toward men


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for commenting on my blog post! I appreciate how subtle the texture is on your image. (I tend to be heavy-handed with textures.) The message of your scene is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Kim's 12 Days of Texture. Hoenstly, you should print this as a notecard...I would definetly purchase it. The capture, the sentiment, the editing choices are all perfection. Kudos!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great shot and a fantastic idea! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. What would we ever do without Kim's textures and classes!

    Merry Christmas!

    ~~ Connie

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.