Friday, September 30, 2011

Almost Apple Pie

I had every intention of making a delicious homemade apple pie for my family. Earlier this week a friend invited me on a road trip to Graves Mountain in Syria, Virginia to pick apples. From our trip, I have apples galore - Jonathan, Empire, Golden Delicious, Gala and more. Aunt Joan's cookbook - Begged, Borrowed, and Stolen Recipes - is open to the page with our favorite apple pie recipe.  I gathered the ingredients, fresh apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon zest . . . such a pretty picture. I stopped the baking preparation to take just one photo . . . I promise I really intended to get right back to baking. An hour later I was still posing and rearranging the apple scene, trying different lighting conditions, and snapping away. By then it was dinner time, and there was no time left to make the pie! When my sweet husband ventured to ask, "What happened to the apple pie plan?"  Thinking quickly, I replied, "You know how we've been saying we need to eat more healthy . . . I decided to forget the pie idea and . . . well, have a bite of a nice fresh apple!"  That guy is so understanding. He really is the apple of my pie!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Donna! Somehow, anticipating apple pie just isn't quite the same as eating just a plain apple lol, hope you found time to still make the pie! and of course we all do this!

    your photo compositions are wonderful and you have a good eye for placement!

    I read all your posts on this page and loved your visit back home and your Uncle Al, what a wonderful character!

    Thank you for your visit and your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh,I'm in love with your header picture !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog header. Such beauty here.

    ReplyDelete