Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Rosy Outlook

It's easy enough to go through life with a smile plastered on my face, but the real challenge is not just looking happy but actually feeling happy. True joy bubbles up from the inside and cannot be contained. It surfaces even when traffic is thick, the line is long, and the people around just seem to be mean-spirited. Joy looks like a smile sometimes, but it can also appear as a kind word, a huge belly laugh, or a thoughtful deed. Joy comes from service to others, from holding my tongue and not always saying everything on my mind, form waiting, and practicing self-control. I am joyful - I know what matters most. My life is not mine, but only mine to give away. I don't look at the world through "rose-colored" glasses," but I do have a rosy outlook. Hoping and praying your outlook will be rosy, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment