Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I LOVE Patchwork


Patchwork is my passion. I never grow tired of choosing colorful fabrics, trying new patterns, and piecing quilts. My hands stay busy making the teeny tiny stitches that hold the quilt top, batting, and backing together like the perfect sandwich.

This quilt pattern is called String of Lights. I often make quilts as gifts, but this one I made especially for ME! The fabrics are all batiks, but the batting is wool, so I've nicknamed this quilt, "Woolie." This quilt was machine quilted by my dear and most talented friend, Michelle Eno, the Country Quilter, on her longarm quilting machine. She is a a happy stitcher, and her work is truly art.

Patchwork quilts are functional and beautiful. My husband and I are sleeping soundly beneath this quilt that is warm yet light, soft yet bright, and just big enough for two snuggled side by side. I love that he loves me and supports my quilting habit. How lucky am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.