Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Every Quilt Tells A Story

"Every quilt tells a story
A wedding gift for two
Borrowed or new, old or blue.

Every quilt tells a story
To welcome a new little one
And protect a life just begun.

Every quilt tells a story
To comfort and heal
When sickness and pain are all that you feel.

Every quilt tells a story
When you’re far from home
And feeling so lost and all alone.

Every quilt tells a story
To embrace a friend who shares
One who loves and really cares.

Every quilt tells a story
When pain is so deep and loss so great
And heartache and tears never abate.
Every quilt tells a story with shadows and light
And if it’s not perfect, it must be just right
From Once Upon a Time to Happily Ever After
Bringing joy, and hope, and warmth, and laughter."
- Donna Hopkins

1 comment:

  1. Donna, I just wanted to tell you how much your photos inspire me! I'm pretty sure I've just scanned every single post on this blog! It looks like this was your very first post??? That's what I do..(I just look at pictures in magazines too)...I hardly ever really read the articles. :o) So, although I haven't read every word, the photos have simply made my day! Thanks for sharing your beautiful talent with us all! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.